Friday, July 08, 2005

Caving in...

I finally did it. I caved. Here it is! The Ramblings of a Christian Insomniac Musician. I wanted to call it the "Confessions...etc." but then you would expect me to confess something. Something really bad like, "I watch Seinfeld" or I was once a Kazaa user. Not going to happen much.

What will happen? Well, first, I will get teased by all those friends who have blogs and told me it was the latest hip thing. They'll say, what took you so long. Then I'll be teased by all those friends who don't like blogs.

So we start... but first remember to offer up prayers for London...which sounds like the name of a band...

Part I: The Ramble:
So I did not win the Contemporary Christian Music International contest. Nope. No sir. I spent most of the morning thinking about that today. Maybe that's why I haven't been sleeping. It's such a scary thing to be a musician sometimes. A lot of your life is spent trying to get people to like what you do, or maybe like you without changing what you do or who you are. Artistic integrity versus trying to sell tapes... uh CDs. Is it really that hard to do both? I love when people say, I'm going to do my music and I don't care what people think. Liars... they're all liars! They don't care what certain people think... but they do care what the people they respect think. I care what people think. I may not change what I do because of what you think, but I do care.

Part II: The Daily:
I helped my friend Cris move last night, got home around 11:30... p.m. - I called my wife on the way home and she mentioned that someone came up to the door and rang the doorbell a few minutes before I called. But no one was at the door when she got there.

So I drove faster. Much faster.

I drove the neighborhood to see if someone was just wandering, but there was no one. How funny! I go to work at EARLY in the morning and there are people walking around. But no one at Midnight. Hmmm. I locked all the windows and doors and went to bed. Kind of scary!

1 comment:

Rob said...

I hadn't thought about harrassing you for not having a blog before now...until you mentioned it. It is SO hard not to harrass you about something. But that is what friends are for, right? I'm always telling my friends, "Hey, if I didn't like you, I'd just ignore you." Since I didn't want to ignore your blog, I thought I'd be the first to post a comment. I'll harrass you another time! Good stuff...keep writing.

Love ya bro,
Rob