Monday, August 08, 2005

God's Waiting Room (or "Finally relating to something in the Song of Solomon besides the mushy stuff...")

Ok, no story this time.

So here I sit in God's waiting room. I thought my number was 696, but I had it upside down - 969. So I thought I was next only to find out that I still have a ways to go. It was that horrible four letter word that we all hate to hear... WAIT.

By the Spring of 2006, I wanted to be walking into my first official classroom as the teacher. I've been the student most of my life. But thanks to some last minute surprises (thanks OU for not hurrying with those transcripts!). I will have to... WAIT.

I have my bag full of scriptures about waiting... Let's see... "all things work together..., let patience have her perfect work..., those who wait upon the Lord... your hair is like a flock of goats..." Wait, where did that come from? How'd the Song of Solomon get into my book of relevant scriptures on patience? What does that book have to do with waiting and wanting something really bad?... Oh yeah.... that's right. Forgot about that... Talk about wanting something real bad! Those characters can make you blush! But I get it.

So it's not a girl I'm after. (My wife is happy about that.) I can still relate with having to wait for something your heart desires. Maybe I haven't given that book a lot of credit. I think I'll go read it again... I just gotta make it through all that mushy stuff! Haven't those people ever heard of coodies? I guess instead of get a room, someone told them to get a book.... book a room? Whatever... If you didn't get it, just wait a while. It'll come to you.

No comments: