Monday, September 12, 2005

Editing the book of Psalms...

What an idea for a song...

When the spirit of the Lord moves upon my heart, I will cry like David cried...

Nope... not going to be popular.

I found out from my last post that people actually read this thing. So the temptation is to not say things that might be true but not politically correct. To only express joy, never sadness or insecurity or doubt.

But I like that hymn. Yield not to temptation....

No one said anything bad about the blog... in fact,I really appreciate some of the comments made and emailed to me personally.

But this is not a blog with five steps for living the victorious Christian life. It's a place where I can ramble. And maybe, maybe... someone will read it and relate, maybe not feel so alone. Maybe someone feels like me sometimes and prays there's a place up in Sock Heaven. I'll post those lyrics so that people understand.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Actually life is like the book of Psalms. Up. Down. Sometimes almost manic. Maybe being a musician, or just a creative person in general, I understand the swinging tunes David writes. Swing to depression, sing of God's love. God bless the people. God wipe out my enemies. Mercy and Grace... all under the eye of God. Safe in His arms, still afraid of the night.

Some people might want to edit the book of Psalms. Let's keep "How Majestic Is Your Name" and toss "Have mercy on me O God!" I like both. I need both. I need them all. I am them all. Maybe that's why I write. To chronicle a walk of mercy through a land of Grace... Amazing Grace... Amazing Graceland... Sounds like a song...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your talking about grace not grace, power not power & relationship not relationship. Ask Tammy what I mean, not what I mean. stan Dr. Mark Rutland