Friday, March 07, 2008

That's the Point... Nobama part 2


And so it happens... I say, I am not voting for Obama because I don't feel he's presented his case well enough and immediately someone feels the need to correct me. To see what I'm responding to, you need to check out the comment section of my previous blog entry. I decided to blog my response.

Comment: "So sad, definetely you may be a prejudice, touched by your concious or an person who is totaly oblivious when it comes to politics. you don't have to say obama is not a men enough for the job."

Response - Wow! Did you even read my blog? Not judging him is the point. Judging his plan, record and skills is what I'm going to do. You can tell me you have a plan but you need to show me what it is before I buy into it. Why does that make it possible that I am racist? Why is it sad if I am "touched by my conscience(sp fixed in quote)?"

Comment: you don't know obama, you never see him and obviously you don't know what he is capable of. why judge him?

Response: Once again! That's the point. Do you know him? What is your basis for voting for him if you don't know him personally, or do you? What he says, his plans, his previous voting records, etc. is what I have to go by.

You're talking personal ethics, I'm talking political plan and skills to do a job. Show me that so I can make an informed decision. If I need to hire a guitar player for my band, I do look for a person of good character. But I also need them to play guitar. If they don't play guitar, it doesn't mean they are a bad person, it just means that the skills I am looking for are not in their particular skill set. You do get ,right?

Comment: what are you talking about is not what count in politics, the one who influence the people most wins.

Response:
What I am talking about may not be what counts in the political game, but it is counts when I vote. I vote for the person I think best fits the job. Republican, Democrat, black, white, male or female etc. takes a back seat to who I see as being best qualified.

Comment: piece of advice, never act as if you know politics because all those candidates are runing for the good of their families, that what they went to school for and to feel good in life , they have to acomplish it, same as you, as a song whrite, i think you once wish you would write a song for alton john or micheal jackson that will go plantinum, not because you care about the people that will hear it, but because that what you are and want to acomplish, a song writer.



Response: Hopefully you are a US politician, or else, how can you make the previous statement? How can you say "all those politicians are running for the good of their families"? Do you know them?

I like Obama. I said that in the blog. This isn't personal and that is the point. I'm not basing my decision on color or him being a nice guy. Show me your plan. And that way I feel like I am making an informed vote.

By the way, I write songs because I care about the people who hear them. Yes, I would like a million dollar hit. Do you know why? Why say I don't know Obama, and then presume to know me? Do you know my motives? Tell me why I would want this particular thing? You don't know. So don't assume.

It comes down to this, we are hiring a president to do a job for this country. I will look at his resume. I will ask questions. I will not hire him because he is a good guy or because he is a white guy or black guy. You said, don't act stupid". That is the point. I don't plan on it. What is more stupid than making an uninformed vote? Hiring a person for one of the most important jobs in the world, because they seem like a nice guy. Or because they are black or white or hispanic or asian, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum. That's stupid, to use your phrase.

Thanks for writing. This is not a personal attack against you. Just stating my case. Believe it or not, I am not prejudice. But I won't color my vote with race, white or black. To me that is a subtle for of racism! If I vote a black, white or asian man into office, it's because he is the most qualified for the position first and foremost.

By the way, on the positive side, I have been out to your blog and absolutely love some of the stuff you have out there. Your poems about your best friend are soooo excellent. You have great poetry writing skills. I will definitely be visiting it from time to time. Great pictures too!

Blessings!
Brad

2 comments:

Dawn Irons, Ph.D, LPC-S said...

hehehehe.... that photo of Bill Clinton next to the paragraph about being in politics for the good of his family...would it not have been more effective to have one of him and Monica?

I am amused at the thought of people being in politics for the good of their family... sure...that's the REAL motive!

Thanks for a good giggle!!

Dawn

Dawn Irons, Ph.D, LPC-S said...

oh yeah...it is also an amusing thought that you could be a racist!

:-)


I love you, my tall, dark and handsome prince of a man!

Dawn