Friday, April 07, 2006

A Good Day

With all of the health issues lately, I was happy to see that yesterday was a good day. Really!

I guess I could go super spiritual and say "all days are good days" and I guess they are. But yesterday, it was a good day.

Did I experience pain? Sure. The pain never goes away. Did I have issues? Lots of them. So why was it a good day?

Because I got to talk my friend and pastor David Kerr.
Because I got to talk to my friend Jason.
Because my best friend Rob tried to scare me again and failed... (OK he scared me a little).
Because I was able to say no to the temptation to go out to eat.
Because I heard from a young lady I haven't spoken to in almost a decade (She came to my concert when she was really a little girl). Now she's 23, training for missions and seeking the Lord's will for her life.
Because I got to sit down with my family and watch something together that we all were interested in. (It was about a Super Tornado)
Because I found an old Walmart card and realized it had six dollars on it still.
Just because...

It's nice to have one of those from time to time.

4 comments:

Rob said...

I had a good day today because my super-really-good friend Brad posted to his blog so I had something new to read when I checked it out. And because he admitted that I scared him (even it was only a little bit...you gotta realize I've been trying to this for YEARS!) And because he called me his friend...a best friend (that's kinda like a super-really-good friend).

And then I laughed...I watched the Discovery Channel show about the super tornado, too. Did it make you jump up and look outside when the wind started howling this evening? Did you freak out when the sky turned that strange color beause of the dust storm right around 5pm when tornadoes are more likely to form? Did you find that was not a good show to watch before going to bed, too?

I had a good day because a good friend reminded me how good it is to have...good friends.

Love ya bro,
Rob

Anonymous said...

Young Lady - you know I still feel really weird when ppl call me that. It's just strange...
Has it really almost been a decade though? I was in High School, finshed Sophmore year in TX then we moved up to SD...let me think... about 8 1/2 yrs?
You know one of my greatest memories with you are? :) If you remember I was with Mark at one of your practices, in some church I didn't know. I was sort of keeping your youngsters entertained(sp?)and enjoying the jamming you guys were doing. And then all of a sudden I looked up and your drummer's drum stick went flying right out of his hand! Mark warned me that may happen, I just didn't think it would.
Later.
Oh, glad to hear that you had a good day (My thur and fri were long. One story entails a mouse trap, no mouse though, BUT none the less a very funny story.)
Another Oh, I wasn't reall that little! I was in High School when we first met. ;)

Brad Irons said...

To Z -

So you were 15 when I met you? Actually I met you a year or two before that I think. It just seems so young because I have a 14 year old son. Wow!.... oops there goes that word again!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was a few years before 15...I turned 16 in SD. So it had to be at least 13. And yes...I was young, and still am. A baby as some ppl still call me. You know at work I am the only one that isn't attached to anyone and doesn't have a kid? And no I am not the youngest. Despite all of that I enjoy being single! I can do so much when I want to do it, nothing really else to worry about. It's nice not to worry about that, I worry enough as it is. Later -Z