Sunday, December 18, 2005

Oh yeah... about the concert...

Thanks for your prayers! The concert went... well.... wonderfully! Cedar in the air, voice out of control due to allergies, guitar acting up... and the list goes on...

So I shouldn't be surprised that God did great things.

He seems to love the underdog. I think He gets a kick out of doing that thing that Joseph talked about in the Bible; taking things and people that look like they're going down the drain and turning the whole situation around!

I was struggling a bit vocally, so I switched to some of my stand up comedy that I practice everyday on the unsuspecting people that I work and worship with. It seems to really have blessed the congregation. Well, they laughed.

The speaker for the evening said more in 15 minutes than I've heard most preachers say in an hour. He was absolutely awesome in raising the awareness about abortion and its effect on our society. I know I have both pro-choice and pro-life friends who read this blog. I don't know if Clayton could convince you pro-choice people, but I know he would try, and most likely succeed with many of you.

It was a good night of emotional, mental and spiritual healing. At the end of the night, my voice came back for the last half of the concert. And God ministered in a lot of ways. It was good. I'm so glad that God chooses to use humans in His plans, and that we as humans can choose to partner with God in His purposes...

Read the previous post for more info about the last statement....

No comments: