Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Prayers of A Prodigal....

I usually wrestle with listening to my own songs. But I love the words to Prayers of a Prodigal. These have to be my favorite lyrics that I've written ever in my life. They're copyrighted finally so I'm placing them here. I think the new CD is probably, maybe, kind of a good walk through my head. You will hear my highs and lows. My struggles with God shine through with my hope and faith. From feeling lost to feeling found to feeling... feelings.
=====================
Prayers of a Prodigal – Words and Music by Brad Irons - Copyright Brad Irons, 2006

I took a wrong turn on a street called Straight and I walked away from Innocence. It was a hard hoe up a hill called Hate where I found a field of bitterness. And as a cold wind blew through my soul, I wandered into the wilderness. And like a lost child without a hope I cry to You. Yes I cry to You and I wonder if You even listen to The Prayers of a Prodigal.

It was a cold day in a really warm place when I walked away from everything. And took a fast train from the state of Grace where I found a friend called Misery. And as he smiled at me it was plain to see all he wanted was some company. But then I heard him say there's no escape and I cried to You. Yes I cry to You and I wonder if You even listen to the Prayers of a Prodigal

I saw the sun rise through the early morning skies and it woke me from my reverie. I came face to face with my disgrace and I cried for what I used to be. And through the fading night I could see the lights that pointed me down to Mercy Street. But would I find a place at the gates of Grace when I cry to You. Yes I cry to You and I wonder if You even listen to the Prayers of a Prodigal.

I took a right turn on a street called Love and I found a hill called Calvary."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am impressed. But then who am I ... just an average joe. But i think your word play is awesome!