Friday, November 07, 2008

It's Not Over

So where are we now?

It's no secret that I did not vote for Obama. As happy as I am to see the first black president, I would have preferred a conservative. But Ok. I've voted. I've fulfilled my civil responsibility. I didn't win so now I go back to my average everyday life. Better luck next time.

Don't think so!!!!! Three things I plan on doing...

1. Pray! - If any one needs prayer, it's this man. The first black president of America? Come on! I don't care how much you think this country has advanced. This man will need prayer. Those of you who may smirk or smile or anything close to that when mentioning the fact that he may "not make it for four years", should be ashamed of yourselves. Do you really want to see the results of such a horrible situation? Rodney King? OJ? We don't want Obama assassinated.

2. Get involved! - Many of the things promised during the election were good. But they were probably just to salve the conservatives who jumped the fence. Fine. Now let's hold his feet to the fire on them. The sleeping giant is not planning on going back to sleep. We're here and you're going to have to deal with it!

3. Stand! - I am not ashamed of being a conservative. I know I am a registered independent, but I am a conservative. If statistics can be believed, so are the majority of Americans. So let's be conservatives and let's remind our government that it's what we are. Despite the press and millions of dollars pumped into the state of California, Prop 8 passed. Give up trying to play to the sympathies of the Left. It simply causes us to be seen as hypocrites. Gracefully and consistently stand by your beliefs in conversations with friends or at work. Don't be a jerk. But refuse to slink off in a corner either. This election was not a referendum on conservatism. It may, however, have been a referendum on moderates. You want to know how, ask me. There's not quite enough space to address that in this particular blog entry.

We have a new president. We will watch, we will pray. We will not be silenced by him and we will not demonize him. We will support the decisions that are right and protest the ones that are not. We have earned the right to do so because...

We voted!

No comments: